- RSS Channel Showcase 2474029
- RSS Channel Showcase 8797518
- RSS Channel Showcase 2687635
- RSS Channel Showcase 6459199
Articles on this Page
- 08/18/12--00:31: _Raiders aftermath
- 08/18/12--11:13: _Kolb responds to Ke...
- 08/26/14--14:21: _Short practice and ...
- 08/27/14--16:25: _One guess at the 53
- 08/28/14--23:52: _Chargers (and prese...
- 09/03/14--13:39: _Adrian Wilson visit...
- 09/21/14--19:37: _Niners aftermath, a...
- 09/25/14--13:51: _Arians “don’t sell ...
- 10/17/14--10:21: _Extending Palmer an...
- 10/19/14--21:27: _Raiders aftermath
- 10/27/14--08:13: _Keim: Peterson prot...
- 10/29/14--10:17: _Lacking sacks, Card...
- 12/12/14--14:26: _Pro Bowl, Rashad Jo...
- 08/11/15--08:53: _Cardinals looking a...
- 07/19/17--10:02: _Before #CardsCamp, ...
- 08/18/12--00:31: Raiders aftermath
- 08/18/12--11:13: Kolb responds to Kelly’s comments
- 08/26/14--14:21: Short practice and successful Dockett surgery
- 08/27/14--16:25: One guess at the 53
- 08/28/14--23:52: Chargers (and preseason) aftermath
- 09/03/14--13:39: Adrian Wilson visits practice
- 09/21/14--19:37: Niners aftermath, after a headbutt
- 09/25/14--13:51: Arians “don’t sell no one no dreams”
- 10/17/14--10:21: Extending Palmer and the 2015 offseason
- 10/19/14--21:27: Raiders aftermath
- 10/27/14--08:13: Keim: Peterson protocol, and a Coop chance
- 10/29/14--10:17: Lacking sacks, Cards blitz for “distruptions”
- 12/12/14--14:26: Pro Bowl, Rashad Johnson and some Friday notes
- 08/11/15--08:53: Cardinals looking at Chris Johnson
- 07/19/17--10:02: Before #CardsCamp, Keim’s notable camp signings
Not only did the Cards win a game Friday night, but there was an awful lot going on beyond just an outcome. Some very, very good. Some potentially very bad. Whatever you want to say about Levi Brown, but if he is out for an extended period of time, it bodes poorly for the Cards. […]
The comments by Raiders defensive end Tommy Kelly criticizing Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb came out after Kolb had left the stadium last night. (Kelly, among other things, said Kolb was “scared.”) When I contacted Kolb this morning on the subject, he welcomed the chance to respond. “Scared? Scared of what?” Kolb said. “Taking a hit? […]
The short practice week got even shorter Tuesday when coach Bruce Arians,citing the humidity during the outside workout, ended practice about 40 minutes early. Arians also noted how few players he had practicing, which goes more toward the players who won’t be playing Thursday rather than too many injuries. In fact, Arians said there was […]
The Cardinals have 75 on the roster now. By Saturday at 1 p.m. Arizona time, they must be down to 53. As always, we have a caveat whenever talking about that initial 53-man roster. I would be surprised if the Cardinals don’t claim at least one guy from waivers. Veterans don’t have guaranteed contracts if […]
We’ll try not to get too verbose here. It’s late and in a matter of hours, the Cardinals are going to at least begin the process of making the final cuts to the 53-man roster. I’m just thrilled to have a computer to type this on, after leaving it in the taxi and watching it […]
Before anyone takes this out of context, when veteran safety and ex-Cardinal Adrian Wilson came to visit practice today, it was just that — a visit. It wasn’t a tryout. Wilson wasn’t working out for General Manager Steve Keim but conversing with him, wearing — as A-Dub often does — a trendy outfit and carrying what […]
Tony Jefferson had himself a game Sunday. The safety lead the Cardinals with 10 tackles, he had the huge second-down sack of Colin Kaepernick on the 49ers’ last true chance to score and, of course, he absorbed the headbutt that changed the game. Former Cardinal Anquan Boldin, who has been known to let his emotions […]
Veteran Tommy Kelly, about whom I will be writing a story about next week, was talking about his relationship with the Cardinals’ coaching staff. The big defensive tackle didn’t feel like he had the best communication with Patriots coach Bill Belichick down the stretch of his time there. It’s been a lot different for Kelly […]
It comes as no surprise that the Cardinals want to extend quarterback Carson Palmer. GM Steve Keim said he has had initial discussions with Palmer’s agent, and given the landscape, keeping Palmer around makes sense for both sides. For Palmer, who will turn 35 in December, he has found a comfort — and success — […]
If you were Jared Veldheer, Sunday’s trip to Oakland meant a lot. If you were Tommy Kelly, it meant a lot. If you were Carson Palmer, well, you tried to downplay it, but your teammates and coach weren’t so sure. It was an obvious storlyline though, with the Raiders sitting at 0-6, that Oakland writers […]
There isn’t much new to report on cornerback Patrick Peterson this morning, but General Manager Steve Keim said during his weekly appearance on the “Doug and Wolf” show on Arizona Sports 98.7 that Peterson was “in good spirits” as he left the stadium last night and will go through the concussion protocol before he can […]
The Cardinals looked hard for a pass rusher prior to Tuesday’s trade deadline. Nothing materialized. That’s really not surprising. In this league — especially when a team can flip into a playoff contender in one offseason — you just don’t trade decent pass rushers. You need them too much. And if you are willing to […]
Do the Cardinals have a Pro Bowl player? I’m not saying the Cardinals don’t have any players talented enough to make it. But usually, in seasons where your team is 11-3, there are at least a couple of locks. You would be hard-pressed to come up with any locks for the Cardinals. Offensively, the production […]
darrenurbanCory Harkey, Rashad Johnson
Monday, Bruce Arians said the Cardinals would look to add a running back. Tuesday morning, ESPN reported that the Cardinals had offered a one-year contract to veteran Chris Johnson and that Johnson is mulling the opportunity. The Cardinals aren’t the only team out there openly looking for a running back; the Texans would like to […]
As mentioned the other day, the Cardinals still have a vacancy on their 90-man roster. Bruce Arians, during an interview on Arizona Sports, indicated that the Cards could still re-sign veteran running back Chris Johnson, which has always been a possibility as long as Johnson remained on the market. With all that in mind, a […]